Business VoIP- Phones for Small & Medium Businesses
VIP VoIP Auto-Attendant – a simple IVR solution
A VIP VoIP Auto-Attendant (also known as the digital receptionist) is a voice menu that answers incoming calls and directs the caller to the right extension without the need for a human operator. This could be something like “Thank you for calling VIP VoIP. Press 1 for customer service, press 2 to make a sales inquiry or press 3 for our accounts team”.
The Auto-Attendant feature can be linked with hunt groups and call queues to enable for complex behaviors. In these situations, for example, the caller could be passed down a chain of predetermined call groups until the call is answered or could be placed into the relevant department’s call queue, depending on the choices made. An Auto-Attendant can also allow a caller to choose informational recorded messages, such as a company’s opening times, or direct the caller to a voicemail if their required destination unavailable.
Auto-attendant is a standard built-in feature that is very easy to set up. All you have to do is record a personalised greeting message detailing the options available and tell your VIP VoIP representative what should happen when each option is pressed. Of course, this is a simple process we would guide you through from start to finish.
Having an Auto-Attendant as part of your business’ phone system is very useful and has many benefits:
- It simplifies the incoming call procedures and provides a better call experience for your clients.
- It’s cost-effective; it replaces the need of a human operator and saves you money.
- It makes your business look more professional.
- It can be customised to play different messages for different hours during the day, such as customised messages for out of working hours or during holidays.
- It helps to handle high volumes of incoming calls faster by routing the call to the right destination quickly and efficiently.
- Learn about the advanced IVR solutions in our article “Integrated Automated Voice Response – advanced IVR solutions“
- Here’s another article to help you setup an IVR solution on your VoIP system “How to setup Auto-Attendant extensions”
If you have more questions about this feature or you’re ready to set one up on your system, we can help! Just give us a call on 0330 088 1182 or send us an email to email@example.com